Pages

Friday, December 27, 2013

Changing Churches

There are times in your life when you need a change. I have finished up this whirlwind 2013 with a period of waiting on the Lord and not knowing what the next step was. (In fact, I still do not know what the next step is, but I know a little). 

This is what I know about 2013:
1. I am beyond blessed to have started 2013 in my own home which I purchased on my own and still deeply love and cherish
2. I have been blessed to receive two promotions this year which really helped pay for my new house bills!
3. After 6 years of hard work I graduated with my Bachelor's degree and my daughter and I went back east so I could participate in the ceremony. 
4. My youngest started school and mommy gets to walk her to the bus stop everyday (that's really special for me)
5. My eldest was baptized this year

It has been an amazing year full of growth and waiting, victories and frustrations. As I step into 2014 I am on the cusp of embracing another change. I am searching for a new church home, not because of any unhappiness but because sometimes it times for a fresh take on things. I feel strongly that I have gleaned amazing things from my place of worship and would not be remotely close to the person I am today without having been a part of such an amazing group. I have made many friends who I hope to keep with me for life. I am ready to take my faith to a new level and so I start church shopping......

I have no idea where this may lead me or if I will indeed find myself right back where I started, but I know that my heart is ready. I feel very much like I did this time last year moving from my apartment of 3 years (which is a long time to live in one place for me) into my house. I loved that apartment. I wasn't unhappy there. I have so many wonderful memories that occurred within those walls but being a home owner for the last 12 months has helped me grow and expand and stretched what I thought my life could be into something new and I am grateful for that experience. And so I feel about my wonderful church, with no ill will or malice, I am ready to grow and expand on a new adventure and I don't know how long that may be for. 

I have always marched to a different drummer. (As those of you who know me can attest to). I think this is as it should be. Perhaps a new view will help me see my path more clearly, for wherever God may lead me; I will follow.

3 comments:

  1. wow - very cool. So proud of you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Let me know where you go so proud of all your accomplishments this year. Taking the next step in faith will only lead to great and immaculate things! Love you Sarah. Friends forever <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so glad you shared your perspective w/us I will miss your hugs, insight and well..... just all of you. But you are in my heart and I know we will see each other. Let your new adventure begin! <3

    ReplyDelete